Saturday, June 28, 2008

Treatment Update

Yesterday I took my second dose of the Interferon shot. If you remember, last week didn't go so well. I was looking for a shovel to dig a grave in the backyard! Argh! Well, this week has been much better. Hot Wife gave me the shot yesterday after dinner with the goal being for the side effects to occur while I slept. Overall, the side effects were much reduced. I remember some fever last night be not nearly as much as the week before. I am still a little achy today, but trust me, I'll take it!

We have been getting so many notes and emails from friends and family over the last few weeks. Let me tell you, they encourage us so much!

Otherwise, all is good. Baby O has been really into cups lately. There are three plastic tumblers that she's carrying all over the house. I just don't get it though. Baby O has hundreds of toys, but desires to play with cups. I remember Michael and Cole did the same thing. I guess it's just a kid tradition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam. I've been reading the Duff Stuff for a couple of weeks but this is my first comment. I've enjoyed keeping up with Baby O!!

I know you have a long road ahead with your treatments but as always your positive and humorous attitude is shining. I've been praying for you and will continue to pray for comfort and healing. Take care and stay rested. Suzanne

Sam Duffey said...

Suzanne, Thanks for the comment. This may sound strange, but I never really know who actually reads our blog. So far this week was a little different from last. Friday was tough last week and this week it was Saturday. We are still counting our blessings that the treatment is only causing me to feel bad a few days of the week. Some folks have it much worse! I hope you all are doing well. Drop us a note sometime about your family. I'd love to hear of all the things you all are into these days.

Val said...

That's great to hear Sam that your week was better- I know it's random, but I always seem to randomly run into your For Sale realty signs, and when I do (for instance, yesterday at the building by Murphey's Market), I say a prayer for you!