Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why Wolf Camera Stinks

  1. Their store has more picture frames and such than actual photography equipment.
  2. They don't have items such as film or tripod accessories in stock. You can't sell what you don't have.
  3. While they still carry diverse equipment, the employees aren't trained to know about many of the higher end products.
  4. Scrapbooks are for sissys.
  5. They don't sell a decent selection of film. I'm not even looking for a great selection - decent will do.
Back when I first started going to Wolf they looked totally different. They had great equipment in stock and knew about it. I guess like many businesses, they have dumbed down to the lease common denominator. I like to patronize area stores, but I suppose, I'll have to start shopping like Ron - online.

4 comments:

Amy said...

EXCUSE ME BUT I have a problem with you...SCRAPBOOKS ARE NOT FOR SISSYS!!! You need to appologize to all your readers for this comment. It is because of scrapbookers, such as myself, that you will have memories for a lifetime of your family and friends.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have a complaint or two with wolf... We would love to able to download their printer profiles. You know they were bought out in the last 3-4 years by Ritz Camera and it's been all picture frame teddy bears and photo mugs since. I did visit a store in Denver with a superb selection and had a GREAT conversation with a very knowledgeable sales associate regarding the 5D Mark II...he said they were a "superstore"...that wolf only has 20 or so of them in the US. I guess ours here in the south are "not so super"stores :) --The T's.

Anonymous said...

And I'm anti-scrapbook too. Go to Hobby Lobby if you wanna scrap and crap. Megan T.

Sam Duffey said...

I am not hating on scrapbooks... They just belong in a sales-party where women eat cheese and talk about their children and husbands. Not a camera store!