Thursday, February 26, 2009

Don't Drink the Duffey Water!!

If you want to stay well do not come to our house and drink our water. Who knows what you might be diagnosed with. You all know how brave my husband is and you read about his journey of "the juice" to treat his Hep C. Unfortunately as you know, "the juice" did not work but he is trying some natural things we are excited about and we will keep you posted.
Well today I received the news that I have rhumatoid arthritis. I have been battling horrific joint pain over the last year and I went back to the Dr. the other day because of our sleepless Monday night filled with knee pain that kept me from walking. After more test I was told this afternoon of our great news. Many of you might say but you are too young for that. Well that is what I think too. But that is not what my cards dealt to me believe. I mean Satan leave the Duffeys alone!!! God is only making us stronger to fight you.
I try to make light of the situation, our water is not contaminated, but we are going to get a new filter for the BRITA just in case. Never the less, we would still love and appreciate your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying! You both have such positive attitudes! 2009 - the year for the Cures! Lauren

Renee said...

What?? I hate to hear about your diagnosis. We will be praying. Maybe it's in our water from your visit to our house. Hmmm... We will pray you can find the very best care to lower the symptoms to a minimum. Love you guys!

April said...

I just now read this, not sure how I missed it. I hate that, Amy, of all people in the world you and Sam deserve to be totally healthy. I will definitely keep you both in my thoughs and prayers.