Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Farmer and The Duff

Have I blogged yet about wanting chickens in my backyard? If not, let me catch you up to speed. For months now, I've been talking to close friends and family about wanting to raise chickens for their fresh eggs. No roosters please, the cock-a-doodle-doo will surely wake the neighbors. Most thought I was joking, but Hot Wife knew that there was at least an ounce of seriousness which scared her.


Well apparently I'm not the only one interested in urban chicks. There is a whole movement as shown in the Kansas City . Com Article. The seed that was planted by Dr. Walsh may not be ready for harvest, but surely hasn't wasted away.

In the mean time, Hot Wife has found someone that was willing to barter fresh yard raised eggs for Arbonne products. I guess that's an okay solution.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Dude, get some chickens! If anything do it for me! We can't have any due to the dogs. They would surely kill everyone of them. You have a great backyard and would have no problem doing it.

Baby O would love it too I'm sure! ;)

Anonymous said...

Baby O would love it and Hot Wife even more. A friend from photography class told us about her Easter morning - making fresh eggs. She was cracking them and well, one had a baby chick inside.
Her husband used it as a teaching time for her 4 year old.
LGW

Amy said...

Thanks to you that posted in favor but No No No. We live in the city. When we move to the farm we will do chickens. For now we do not have to clean them and we can enjoy them from someone else. We can just enjoy our extra large garden, which I am thankful for.
Hot Wife

April said...

I am laughing my head off imagining you even bringing this topic up to Amy. Brave husband, you are.