Thursday, July 16, 2009

WAL-MART...

So I have decided to only go to Wal-Mart once a month to save money. You might say well they are the place for low prices, but I can save by not going every week. Well today was a day I had to take that dreaded trip to Wal-Mart and as always it was not a wonderful experience.
I was zipping along with a 2 year old in cart, sitting side-ways mind you, because she can't sit still for long, going down the paper tower isle. At the end of the isle were two employees and their buggy, which was in the middle of the isle. No one could get through. Maybe I am being taught wrong but customers always come first right, so do not put your buggy in the middle of the isle. Wait, it only gets better. So I pull up behind the buggy and wait, trying not to be rude, and after at least a minute, and I know he saw me, I ask kindly, may I move your buggy so I can get by.
Can I please tell you his reponse.... "If you had said please I would have moved it for you". Really?? I was so mad I did not know what to say or do for that matter. If you had said please, I mean come on people, no one should say that, much less an employee. So next time you go to Wal-Mart be respectful to the employees and by all means make sure they are taken care of!!

2 comments:

Sam Duffey said...

Sure WalMart's customer service is well below what one would consider standard practice, but isn't that what we've grown to expect from them. Low prices... That's it.

Tom said...

Maybe you should have told him he might not get a tip with that attitude !!