Thursday, July 12, 2007

Squirrel!!!

Alright, really?

The squirrels are taking my harvest. Well the tomatos are going great (see April 9th post) with one exception -- the squirrels eating. Bear with me here, the details are important.

The squirrels pick ripe tomatos. Yep, the wait until the fruit is ripe. Then they take the tomato, to a nice sitting area on the side of our deck as if they were one of the family. They leave an uneaten half of the tomato in my eyesight to remind me of their little discovery!

Since, I have been scouring the web for ideas to humanely make them go away. Or at least quit eating my tomatos. I have tried:

(1) Used coffee grounds. They just like a nice brew early in the morning.

(2) Hot sauce sprayed on the plant leaves. It just makes for a nice salsa instead.

Any ideas are welcomed... Leave a comment.

Next try is a plastic snake or a chicken wire that completely covers our back yard. Yep! All four courners and even the top. Wife might veto. Hmm.

No comments: