Friday, April 04, 2008

Crappy Movie

So I've had a nice filling meal from LaPaz, gotten Baby down to bed, and I just tasted a sip of week-old Edna Valley chardonnay. By the way, I think some wines get a little better in the fridge. Go figure... Hot Wife is watching "Legally Blonde II" (pink hits D.C. - I think). Anyway, I figured that I better blog before I either drink too much of the stale wine or throw a rock at the T.V.

So... The blog, right? I've got to vent... Baby O has been nuts since we came home from her grandparents house. In the past two weeks, she has been around a grandparent just about every day. First, grandparents from Georgia, then grandmom from Florida, and most recent grandparents here in Alabama. I mean, grandparents, does someone pull you aside when you first learn that your son or daughter will be having a baby and tell you how to spoil the future grandchild? Spoiling a grandchild is nothing new and actually a fine artform in both Hot Wife's and my heritage. Our grandparents did it and so did our parent's grandparents.

Okay so that's the end of my rant... We'll give Baby O a few days to adjust back to reality.

That aside, we are so proud that Baby O likes to read. Kind of...

I hope she's reading about how to grow St. Augustine grass, because I haven't a clue.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I must say, Friday nights at the Duff Stuff house are too wild. I have to meet that HOT wife of yours. She sounds really cool.
As for the grandparents, they are great but I think I am paying for my raising. The only time I ever received a spanking was after leaving Maw Maws and I do feel like that is in O's future.

Sam Duffey said...

Ahhh Ha! So it's really your fault Amy, AKA Hot Wife. I retract taking any responsibility for this. My grandparents demanded that I be quiet, go to bed on time, and eat something green every meal. R-r-r-ight!

MaryMartha said...

I love the "Hot Wife" thing...how cute!

Sam Duffey said...

I only speak the truth ladies and gentlemen.

Anonymous said...

I still say you shouldn't drink and blog ;)
MT