Sunday, July 06, 2008

Independence Day Weekend

Our Independence Day weekend started with a trip north to Hot Wife's hometown of Attalla, Alabama. It's been a while since we made the trip there -- I guess we've been pretty busy lately! Uncle Duane and Aunt Donna were kind to let us, and the rest of the family, kick back at their home that has a pool. I don't have any pictures, because the hot July sun caused me to get in the pool like a bug gets into a bug zapper. I just couldn't do it quick enough!

We went to the Gadsden fireworks show.






















I wanted to take a family picture in front of fireworks. After a few minutes of homework and setup to get the shot, Baby O sold me out. She's very afraid of the fireworks. So she hid in the car and got in the floorboard as far back as she could.
















I took my shot Friday night so as you know already Friday night and Saturday were a little slow. I vegged around the better part of the day. Saturday, we did find time to go to the Gadsden Mall to feed the ducks and geese. Where are these geese when we were waist deep in cold water last winter?


































Then we took a quick portrait, but the noonday light was less than tolerable. Argh!






















Later that night, Poppy taught Baby O how to string beans. By the way, this is a good skill to learn. I remember growing up where my Mema and Aunt Pearl would string beans for an entire day. I was there to help though I didn't realize at the time how simple skills are so important and grandparents are perfect people to teach them.


















Finally, after going to church, we had a little time to take a few more quick pictures. Aunt Willene and Uncle Allan, I know you read this blog so thanks for the cute outfit that Baby O is wearing. She got so many compliments. Especially when she would wear her hat!



2 comments:

Val said...

Ha! We have some of the same pictures at the Gadsden Mall feeding the ducks- has to be one of the top toursit attractions there.

Amy said...

There are so many ducks. But don't go on a hot day. The black pavement, July heat in Alabama, and bird poop do not go well together.