Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Hep C Checkup

Today was my first check up since starting the treatment almost three weeks ago. Hot Wife wasn't able to make it, but was there in part due to a note card of questions for me to ask on her behalf. Everyone asked about her. I guess she made an impression our last visit. I know it was at least a good impression due to the attitude of their remarks.

Overall, the check up was nice. I was able to recount my experience of the past few weeks and the side effects that were noticed. The doctor seemed very positive. Yea!


I also had the basic blood work drawn and most of that was acceptable. The significant concern that we have right now is dealing with my white blood cell count. At 3.4, the WBC was very low somewhere between half and a third of normal. We are going to have to be extra carefull not to catch any bugs since WBC's help fight infection. Little kids stay away! Just kidding.


I guess I will need to be extra diligent about washing hands et.al.


Overall we are extremely postitive. Praise the Lord! Please pray for improvement in my WBC count as it will help many things.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Sam...this is Anna (root) Wamsted. totally random question: did you go to your checkup at the kirkland clinic?

Sam Duffey said...

Yep. I go to Kirklin Clinic. You've got my attention... Why do you ask?

I hope you and Paul are doing well these days!

Anna said...

well...my mom and i were there for her checkup (breast cancer survivor almost 2 yrs now!) and i thought i saw you in the waiting area near the infusion room where she got her treatments. but i was like, um...if that's not him, this could be really weird! we LOVE the kirkland clinic. my mom used an interdisciplinary team of doctors (surgical, medical, radiation oncologists) and they were fabulous bc they all worked together! anyway...didnt mean to freak you out by asking!

Sam Duffey said...

Wow! That might have been me! We love the Kirklin Clinic as well. It is truly one of the best places in the WORLD to seek just about any kind of medical care.

Anonymous said...

Sam we are praying for you, I hear you're getting tired. We want to hang out soon. Love you buddy-- The T's