Saturday, November 29, 2008

The're All Up.

In classic Duffey fashion, our Christmas decorations are up! Yep, the day after Thanksgiving all Christmas spirit must be in full gale force. Mission accomplished!

Baby O loves her Christmas tree especially all the fun ornaments.

I always enjoy bringing out the decorations because it's a good time to reflect from years past. It is amazing how some ornaments bring back so many memories. I love all the personalized that Hot Wife's parents give us each year. They are a chronicle of our life together; engaged, married, expecting, and family. I also love the ornaments that my mom gave to me. I remember putting up all of them as a young boy.

Mom, if your reading, we also got out the Muppet stuffed animals that you got at Hardees circa 1983. Yep, they've been around a lot, right!

Ahh, I can't forget to mention the skinny rubber bendy Santa -- a fixture in all my Christmas' growing up. I don't know why, but I always loved it. You can bend the Santa's legs and arms to hang, sit, or wrap him around just about anything. It really a funny little figure -- if you have a hard time following, there's a picture of Baby O with it.




2 comments:

Mother said...

The little flexible Santa is called "Gumby." I am so glad that you have the memories. I also have fond memories of my childhood Christmas's. I know that you and Amy are building the same for Olivia. Love you all.
Issa

Sam Duffey said...

Thanks for the comment Mom. We are excited about the future, but try to be grounded in the past. I think it's a healthy balance.