Thursday, December 04, 2008

Health Update

Those of you that have been reading for a while know that I've been undergoing treatment for hepatitis C, a liver disease. Unfortunately yesterday I was informed that after twenty weeks of medications, the treatment was not responsive. Obviously we all wished for a better outcome, but I surely won't miss the side-effects once they go away!

Through this results, opportunities are abound, and the Duffey's will march on. The one thing that hasn't changed is God's sovereignty through out this process. Therefore, we are thankful for all His blessings, even those we can't understand. For that, we have much comfort!

So what is the plan? Well, I don't consider this an extremely urgent matter so we'll most likely wait a few more years until something hopefully better is discovered. As a matter of fact, there are some promising treatments in testing now that I might seek once approved.

Thank you for all your prayers for me and my family! I wish you could understand how they have kept us standing tall through the past 24 months.

6 comments:

jessica said...

Sam, so sorry the treatments didn't work. We will be praying for y'all!

MaryMartha said...

We love ya'll and am so sorry this wasn't your treatment time!
silver lining question....Does Livy get to be a big sister sooner now???
I hope thats an option :)
We're thinking about ya'll as you deal with all these crazy changes.
MAybe G can shoot you up with something radioactive for your next treatments.

Sam Duffey said...

Thanks MM. Who knows what is in store... I can assure you that we'll be happy with what ever the outcome.

By the way, I hope our parents didn't read your comment. They might get their hopes up prematurely! Ha!

Sam Duffey said...

Oh yeah, I look forward to the "radioactive" solution. Can I stay on the Paxil? Yeah baby!

Matt Little said...

We are praying for you Sam! God's plan is surely a good one!

Matt Little said...

We are praying for you Sam. God's plan is surely a good one!