Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Where's My Refund

It's been over four months now since I submitted my State of Alabama Tax Return. Actually, I sent the form in February and Uncle Bubba (since Uncle Sam is taken) owes me a few thousand bucks. I consider it pretty nice that I've let them use MY money over the entire year. You would think I'd be first in line to get a refund. Nope!

I just checked the status of my refund and the message I got was, "Your refund was approved 5/29/2009. Refunds are issued from the Education Trust Fund as fund balances allow. Thank you for your patience and please be assured the ADOR is doing everything possible to expedite your refund's approval and issuance" What? Those crooks ain't got no money!

First I ask, what does the Education Trust Fund have to do with anything? Is that the same thing as the PACT fund that went bankrupt. Yeah. I "donated" to that "contract" too for my young daughter's education. Maybe they aren't related, but does it mean that the kids won't have books this year if their education fund is broke?

I am reminded of the classic Jerry Sienfeld episode at the car rental agency (below). So basically, they don't have a problem taking my money. Any government can TAKE my money. Alabama just has a problem returning it!

No comments: