Monday, July 14, 2008

The Crazy Mother I Am

So this is a thank you for my friend Val. I went to this great clothing sale for Baby O on Sunday and being the wonderful mother that I am, I left the diapers and wipes at home. What was I thinking and I use the term "wonder mother" loosely. So I was looking at the precious clothes getting a visual of how cute they would be on O and catch a whiff of that smell. It was horrible and suddenly I was like oh my gosh my child took care of business in a large way and I forgot the diapers. How humiliated was I. Well sweet friend Val came to the rescue with a diaper and wipes and we were able to shop and have a pleasant ride home. Thanks Val not only for the diapers but for helping me to remember not to forget the diapers again. The sad thing is, with my brain, even though this happened it is quiet possible it will happen again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief, I'm appalled - what kind of mother are you? I'm calling DHR!!

Just kidding, it happens to the best of us and if you're going to try to be the perfect "wonderMOM"I can't be your friend anymore :)
Love you! MT

Val said...

You are a mess!! I was very happy to let that Baby O have a diaper...sweet girl. One of the best purchases I made was a Diapee Wiapee case, they have them in stores and here is one http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_6&listing_id=13293682
I keep it in my purse with a little ziploc of wipes (the portable wipe case is too bulky) and a diaper for each boy. It is my emergency only pack...and it's good to have so if i'm just running in somwhere, I don't always have to worry about a diaper bag. BUT, don't you ever worry about not having diapers with me- my diapers are your diapers! Thanks for coming!

Anonymous said...

Hey Val, A and I both have a diapees and wipees case, but I use the portable wipes case and that makes it bulky so I love the ziploc bag idea! I actually have 2 of them so thanks for the tip :) MT

Amy said...

Well Val you know I have one of those that Megan gave me and I just left it. You see my problem is I carry one purse to work and one when I have her and this happens sometimes. I need to simplify.
Thanks again.

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Imagine what crazy things you do when you have 3 children! Greer has slept with Reeves' socks on for our entire beach trip because I forgot to pack her any! Frozen feet or giant boys athletic socks that keep em toasty? Fashion kinda went out the door! Miss you girl! Praying for you and Sam! Call me soon!