Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shaving Update III: Recession Shaving

If you've followed the blog for a while, you understand my passion for a great shave. I first started blogging about it in January 2007 (HERE), and then again in February 2007 (HERE), and again in April 2007 (HERE). I absolutely love nice high quality shaving creams and soaps as well as using a double-edge safty razor.

Well... Our ecomomy is not quite in the best position that its been in for a while so, in that spirit, I've introduced recession shaving.

The safety razor stays, but instead of the small batch creams, I've switched to good old fashioned Noxema shave cream. $2.45 a bottle at CVS. A far cry from $10 Proraso and further from $20 Art of Shaving brand.

So what's the result?

Well, the shave isn't quite as close and definately not a comfortable, but "hey!" it gets the job done and a nice tingly feeling to boot.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Do you know Andy has never used shaving cream? It's warm water and cheap, dull razors for him...and he's never had razor burn that I can remember. Crazy, huh? Yep. Little known Andy-trivia is always interesting.